There’s nothing nicer than receiving a foodie gift made with love – like these tasty vanilla shortbread.
Take some time out to make a few batches of this delicious shortbread and package them up in pretty boxes or in gift bags tied with festive ribbon and you’ll be welcome at any Christmas gathering!
These biscuits are a firm family favourite – my nieces and nephews will spend hours cutting them out and then decorating them. It’s a fun way to spend an afternoon!
What you need:
175g plain flour
50g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
What you do:
- Mix all ingredients in food processor until mixture comes together as a dough. (Be patient it will happen!)
- Roll out using icing sugar and cut out using Christmas cookie cutters
- Chill in the fridge for 30 mins if you can
- Bake on trays for 8-12 mins depending on the size of your biscuits, to a golden brown colour.
- Cool on wire trays. Then decorate to your heart’s content
If you’d like to watch me make these delicious cookies check out this great video from the creative team in Midlands 103